Sustainable Development Goals, or SDGs, - is the guided path to address the development and challenges faced in the world. It is best stated as a blueprint designed to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. SDGs were developed by the Danish Institute for Human Rights and consist of 17 ambitious goals among 169 targets, that focus on ending poverty, preserving the earth's environment, and ensuring everybody can experience peace and prosperity. The SDGs were set by the United Nations General Assembly in the year 2015 with an intention to achieve its goal by the year 2030.
SDGs by United States of America - REFERENCE
Set of 17 goals of global SDGs goals and targets set by UN assembly:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts*
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
*Acknowledging that the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is the primary international, intergovernmental forum for negotiating the global response to climate change.
Countries SDGs score
(Source Credits - https://dashboards.sdgindex.org/rankings)
Superior Technologies efforts to apply SDGs in working environment
Creating a workplace with sense of wholeness
The development of every organization is majorly influenced by the factor of human resources. Superior Technologies Inc., concentrates on building a working environment where employees contribute towards their best, by feeling secure and safe as if they are in their second home.
To sustainably build a safe, secure and respectful working environment in-line with, Goal No. 8 of SDGs, Superior Technologies creates an equal and united environment so that the employees are motivated to contribute all of their efforts willingly, equally and with a sense of wholeness. Inclusion and understanding in communication between employees creates a positive working environment. In order to develop and increase productivity, all ideas for improvement are collected, and the most-promising ideas are shared and implemented. We share, listen and give feedback on each other's opinions by with mutual respect, equality and trust.
Prioritizing safety and security
By complying to international standards in production, we are able to avoid accidents in our facility and have managed to achieve zero accidents each year. We conduct internal evaluations of our processes and facility to avoid any possible situations which could lead to an accident. A safe and pollution-free working environment helps employees feel secure to work with complete concentration and dedication. We try to improve the air quality and waste following Goal No.13 and safe working conditions as Goal No. 8 of SDGs.
Prompt actions towards mental fitness during pandemic
During the pandemic, our company continued its operations and business activities. The staff at STI demonstrated their dedication by being physically and remotely available while being compliant with rules and regulations imposed during that time. With situations in which some of our employees were COVID positive, we ensured they got suitable time to rest and recover, so that they could return to the office and support their colleagues and customers.
By understanding, learning and implementing the SDGs at our company, we are confident that our organization is pointed in the right direction to contribute and support the environment along with operating our day to day business.
We at Superior Technologies Inc., believe in creating value for the society and the environment in which we live and prosper. Our processes and products are designed with green manufacturing and environmental awareness in mind. These philosophies are followed by all our employees and align with the SDG’s adopted by all United Nation Member States.
If you wish to learn about our Zinc-Tech™ in-line galvanizing process, or would like us to share the ecological benefits of our products, then please feel free to get in touch with us on the below button...